You know me – I always love a made from scratch recipe. BUT – there is a time and place for everything… and there is even a time and a place for shortcuts! This is one of my favorite shortcuts. All you need is 2 boxes of jiffy corn muffin mix, milk, sour cream (light will do), and two eggs!
Speedy Mini Cornbread Loaves
Makes 8 mini loaves
- Jiffy corn muffin mix (the blue box), 2 boxes
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sour cream (I used light)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a mini loaf pan with shortening.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mix, milk, sour cream, and eggs. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Fill each little pan up about 2/3 of the way. Sometimes I have too much batter and make a few little muffins with my silicone cups.
- Bake for 18 minutes! If your loaves don’t look golden enough, rotate the pan and cook 2-4 more minutes.
- Let them sit in the pan for just a few minutes, and then turn them out! You can use a knife around the side of each well to help coax them out if they get stuck.
I served these for two dinners already! I love whipping them up for BBQ season.. the boxes of mix are under 50 cents at ALDI and these are really a treat. The addition of the sour cream helps make them more light and airy.