Mike and I just got back from CALIFORNIA! It was wonderful and amazing, and now we are back in the land of the snow and ice. Today is my last day off from work, so I whipped up a fast, tasty bread in the bread machine.
Sweet Bread Made with Orange Juice
- Adapted from here.
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 cups flour (I used AP)
- 2 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp yeast
- Add all ingredients to bread machine pan in the correct order for your maker. I add all my liquid first, followed by the flour.
- Then, I add my sugar in one corner,
- Add salt in another corner,
- And make a well in the center of the flour (where I add the yeast).
- Set your bread machine for a light, 2 lb bread loaf on a basic bread baking cycle.
- After the first five minutes of kneading, add more milk or flour as needed if the mixture is too floury or too runny.
- Carefully remove from machine when cycle is complete (mine takes 3 hours), slice, and top with butter!