We have been grilling nonstop… but recently, we’ve been grilling BORING (albeit delicious) stuff that I haven’t been able to share with you here. That being said, I decided to make an Italian dish tonight so here we go! I’ve decided this can be classified as a summer dish, because I used fresh basil from our garden. So what if there is baking involved?! Pick a cooler day!
Baked Meatballs with Parmesan and Basil
Makes approximately 28-30 meatballs.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs (I used homemade!)
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh red onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl – I just use my (clean) hands! I found that using two eggs keeps everything nice and moist.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a tablespoon as your guide, scoop out rounded tablespoon portions and roll into balls. Place on cookie sheet, leaving a bit of room between each.
- Bake for about 25-27 minutes, depending on how done you like your meatballs.
- Serve with sauce on your favorite spaghetti sauce. We also love to top our dishes with shredded mozzarella!