I’d made these awesome pretzels once before and had wonderful results so it is no surprise that we decided to whip them up again! Last week, Michael and I found ourselves at Applebee’s (thanks to some kind, wonderful friends’ birthday gift!) and had these awesome warm pub pretzels that came with beer cheese. They were just.. wonderful! Sooo we decided that homemade pretzels needed to be made and that they needed to be accompanied with some sort of cheese. Who doesn’t love cheese?!
Homemade Pretzel Sticks
You can find the pretzel recipe here from cdkitchen.com. I obviously made sticks instead of making them look like traditional twisted pretzels. I topped mine with sea salt and served them with the below Turkey and Rotel Queso Dip. Just as a side note – the pretzels are ALSO super good if you follow the original directions on the link for the cinnamon sugar pretzels. OH. MY. GOODNESS. I didn’t make those specifically because I knew I could potentially eat every single one!
Turkey and Rotel Queso Dip
This dip is ADDICTIVE, not healthy in the slightest, and the recipe makes a ton! I served it with an assortment of chips at our Naughty Santa party and then made it a second time a few weeks ago. Since it makes so much, we froze a LOT of this dip and then defrosted some to eat with the the homemade pretzels while we watched the Superbowl. (By the way, I love Beyonce, but this really made me laugh today!)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 1 can rotel (I use generic)
- 1 block velveeta (I use the cheese melt from ALDI)
- Brown turkey in a large pot. Drain if there is a lot of fat and then add the taco seasoning to the meat.
- Add the rotel and velveeta cheese melt to the pot.
- Stir and cook until combined. This is delicious kept warm in a crock pot if you have guests for a party