When the holidays roll around and meats like lamb go on sale, my dear hubby always wants to get at least one item. This year it was a $13 boneless lamb that he’s been deciding what to do with for weeks. He decided on a simple lemon pepper marinade and then pan-fried the chunks of lamb since it is *way* too cold outside to grill. We started off this week with temperatures that “felt like” they were in the single digits. Definitely not grilling weather!
Anyway, we hope you enjoy this one! While I am not ALL about the lamb, the meat was very tasty and was cooked really well. Mike served it up with brown rice and thinly sliced steamed carrots.
Lemon Pepper Pan-Friend Lamb
- 3 to 4 lb boneless leg of lamb
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp kosher sea salt
- Cut lamb into desired size pieces (we did small chunks) and trim off visible fat where possible.
- Combine lamb, oil, juice, pepper, and salt in a bowl. Be sure to cover all meat with marinade.
- Let rest in the fridge at least 1 hour. You can also add garlic or rosemary to yourmarinade.
- Pan fry the lamb in a heavy pan (we use cast iron). The olive oil in the meat from the marinade will help it cook!
- Brown meat on all sides and cook thoroughly before serving.