Happy Monday! Tonight we had tilapia on the menu and while I will be making my Chipotle Tilapia some time, I figured I would try something new! I took the same method used on the sweet and sour chicken I made a while back and made this delicious fish! I served it up with tri-color quinoa from Trader Joe’s and some broccoli. Mmmm.
Sweet and Sour Tilapia
Adapted from this chicken recipe
- 3-4 tilapia fillets
- cornstarch (enough to cover all fish pieces)
- 1 egg
- splash of milk
- canola oil
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- Pat the tilapia dry with paper towels. Coat with cornstarch and then fully coat in egg (beat the egg with splash of milk).
- Fry the tilapia in enough canola oil to coat the bottom of your pan (I used cast iron).
- Cook til brown on both sides. Remove the tilapia and place in an oven safe dish.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Add all sauce on top of the tilapia and bake at 350 degrees until the sauce has absorbed into the coating on the fish.