A lot of people know that I make banana cake just about every time my bananas look like they aren’t gonna make it – my husband’s mom made it for me on more than one occasion and I am quite aware that Mike is a fan. But don’t you always get tired of making the same old thing? So… here are some Banana Mini Muffins instead! I adapted a recipe I found online but changed a few things. These are much more muffin-y than cake-y (which I guess makes sense). They are not as sweet as I was expecting but are very tasty and are just so cute!
See? cute! When I make these next time, I may throw in some oats and flaxseed, I thought they’d be great with a little crunch!
Banana Mini Muffins with Raisins – Makes 48 mini muffins
- Adapted from this recipe.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 4 bananas, ripened and mashed
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins (I always do more)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and coat a mini muffin pan with cooking/baking spray or use mini muffin liners.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add oil, milk, bananas, and vanilla to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fold in raisins.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Mine baked for exactly 14
- Let cool in pan for 2-3 minutes and then remove and rest on a cooling rack. Share or freeze!
Shared at: All My Bloggy Friends